Dental Health FAQs
Does a cleaning hurt?
- At Corner Dental, we provide a gentle, safe cleaning experience. Your hygienist and dentist make you as comfortable as possible, and the process is finished in about 20 minutes. Tooth decay hurts, cleanings don't.
Is oral health important?
- Your oral health is more important than you may realize. Did you know that your oral health can offer clues about your overall health? Or that problems in your mouth can affect the rest of your body? Understand the intimate connection between oral health and overall health and what you can do to protect yourself. Regular cleanings and exams are the best way to keep your mouth healthy and happy!
What's the connection between oral health and overall health?
- Your mouth is teeming with bacteria — most of them harmless. Normally the body's natural defenses and good oral health care, such as daily brushing and flossing, can keep these bacteria under control. However, harmful bacteria can sometimes grow out of control and cause oral infections, such as tooth decay and gum disease. In addition, dental procedures, medications, or treatments that reduce saliva flow, disrupt the normal balance of bacteria in your mouth or breach the mouth's normal protective barriers may make it easier for bacteria to enter your bloodstream.
Will teeth whitening make my teeth sensitive?
- For some, mild sensitivity to hot or cold beverages will occur after a whitening procedure. This usually doesn't last long, and there are specific toothpastes designed for sensitive teeth. We recommend that, for a few weeks, you let your beverages cool a bit before consuming, and have your cold drinks without ice.
The gap between my front teeth makes me self-conscious. What are my options?
- There are several options for this common problem. Modern advances in orthodontics can shift the teeth, ultimately closing the gap. Tooth bonding also works. We apply a dental material that permanently adheres to the teeth that closes the gap. Schedule an appointment with one of the doctors at Corner Dental today, and discuss the best options for your specific situation.
Have a question?
Send us an email at email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer your question.