Toledo Oral Surgery
Oral Surgery – two words that provoke fear and discomfort in most people. You might be surprised to know that the pain caused by putting off a necessary procedure far exceeds the discomfort of the surgery itself. If you disregard your need to have oral surgery, you may be preventing yourself from repairing something that, small or large as it may be, is generally a relatively painless procedure. Our goal is to eliminate the fear of oral surgery, one healthy mouth at a time. Here is a list of very common problems that a simple procedure can eliminate:
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth – Also known as 3rd molars, these can result in swelling, pain, and infected gum tissue. They can also permanently misalign nearby teeth, and cause damage to the gums and certain sections of the jaw bone.
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ) – Patients with TMJ typically experience headaches and facial pain due to a malfunctioning of the Temporomandibular joint. Generally, medication coupled with physical therapy can correct TMJ, but patients with advanced cases may want to consider oral surgery as an option.
- Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate – this is a problem that begins while you are still in the womb, where parts of the mouth and nasal cavity don't grow together like they should. The correction of these issues generally takes several procedures.
- Unequal Jaw Growth – sometimes, the upper and lower jaw don't grow together properly, which typically results in difficulty speaking, breathing, eating and swallowing. While braces usually eliminate these problems, more advanced cases sometimes require surgery.
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea – normally, surgery isn't the first option to cure snoring/sleep apnea, but when other methods fail it can be done. This procedure uses the newest laser technology to either tighten or removing the palate tissue that's causing the problem.